Thursday, September 17, 2009

You may notice the Swagbuck widget on my blog now. After hearing about Swagbucks for a long time, I finally decided to check it out and sign up for it. I figured that I was doing searches on the Internet anyway, and Swagbucks uses Google and Ask search engines, what would be the difference if I used them instead of my usual Google home page on my computer. It took a little getting used to, but after awhile it seems normal to be using it for my searches.
You don't earn "Swagbucks" with every search, it seems that in the mornings you usually earn 1 for maybe your second or third search and sometimes two "Swagbucks"
Now this may seem silly, but you really do get chances to enter sweepstakes spending your hard earned searching bucks to buy entries, plus if you accumulate enough "Swagbucks" you can purchase gift cards to various stores, like Starbucks, Amazon, Lowes and more.
I am up to 13 "Swagbucks" bucks now, had more, but decided to spend 2 to enter the sweepstakes for the Barnes and Noble $100 gift card.
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to open my mail and find a notice from them that I was the winner of the Barnes and Noble gift card, and after confirming they sent me the code and pin number for it.
Now how cool is that, no money outlay from my pocket and now I have a 100 dollars to spend at one of our favorite stores, Barnes and Noble. Just for doing what I do anyway, searching the Internet.
If you decide to try it for yourself, just click on the widget here which will take you to the Swagbucks signup page. You do get credit if others sign up using you as a reference and it is a way to quickly boost your earnings since for the first 100 swagbucks your friends earn they match it in your account.
Give it a try, now that I am 100 dollars richer I think it is the best way to search the Internet.

Oh yes... I was still a little skeptical about it but went to the Barnes and Noble site and entered the code and pin for the gift card.... balance is 100 dollars!! Time to go book shopping!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Maybe I should give it a whirl. I'd do cartwheels for a $100 Barnes and Noble card! Wowza!

    ReplyDelete